Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

[REVIEW] History of Whoo Gongjinhyang Secret Court Lip-balm Special Set

THE SET & PURCHASE
This is basically a deluxe sample set, and I purchased it totally on a whim with some enabling from a friend of mine. I needed a lipbalm and was inbetween hunting options down, because I have a problematic history with chronically upset lips. My lower lip has always been chapped and cracked as long as I could remember, with visible peeling. I could never wear most lipsticks due to this. I'd tried a ton of products but nothing ever really worked, so I figured what's the harm in dropping some cash on a product that probs wouldn't work again - at least this one would be pretty!

Man, so wrong. This set has been my life saver. I am a new not lizardlipped person, hail Whoo corporate. I will easily buy more of these sets or just splurge on the full sizes, I am that impressed. In one night the difference it made to my lips was so incredible I wanted to cry. I've never seen my lips look this normal.

On to the photos!


THE BOX
The Secret Court set comes in this precious little box. Mine was a little beat up from the mail, but no bigs. I kind of don't want to get rid of it since it's so nice looking hah.

 -------------------------------------------

THE INGREDIENTS!
Extra big pic, so hopefully you can read them. The back of the box blessedly has an entire list of the product ingredients in English on a sticker. One million extracts and other things. I was surprised to see how huge the lists were, but w/e they could put grave dirt in this product and I would still buy it again.
  -------------------------------------------

THE INNARDS~
Inside, there's a plastic sleeve to keep all your junk nice and snug. Included are the balm, mini lipstick, and a tiny lip brush on a strap (which is pretty tightly capped, so it would be decently safe to stick on your phone or something). Automatically this set punches you in the face with cute and pretty. These products all fit in the palm of your hand, and look amazing set out anywhere. They're all plastic, so they won't shatter if you drop them too - a plus for any butterfingers out there.

  -------------------------------------------

~GLAMOR SHOTS OOOO~
Do you see how ridiculously beautiful this set is? Do you see it?? Every time I see them on my desk I want to rub my cheek on them. History of Whoo knows how to dress things up. And a major plus - the lipbalm has an expiration date! No more worrying if your samples have been sitting in someone's basement for years before you got them.

  -------------------------------------------

The lipbrush, nothing fancy, but it's cute.
It's being visited by my Etude House Etoinette brush. family.

  -------------------------------------------


LIP & BALM PICS.
And the important part, the guts of the product.
The lipstick was something I originally checked after popping the cap off, said "this looks like my mom's" and decided it would look awful on me and I'd never wear it. It just didn't look amazing in stick-form. After a few days with the thought of it just going to waste though, I decided to give it a swatch on my hand and was super surprised. The color is actually really beautiful, a soft pinky-orange tint that is actually my perfect nude lipstick. I love it now, and the fact that I can justify wearing lipstick daily now is a huge deal to me ;_;

The balm is colorless (though it looks yellow tinted due to the container) and odorless (though it lists fragrance). It's super thick, and a texture almost like a gluestick - when it's on your fingers, you feel like you could stick stuff together with it and it almost feels fake. However, it's not actually sticky at all! A swipe or two thoroughly coats your lips and gives them a soft balmy shine that doesn't look overwhelming or goopy. I like to put it on at night, and I wake up with perfectly moisturized lips - but I've worn it during the day too with no issues. This is a huge, huge deal to me. That a product can essentially bring me close to 24 hours without the need to reapplication or drying me out - I never thought it was possible. FEELS.

 -------------------------------------------


CRAPPY SWATCHES SORRY DUDES.
I am apparently very bad at taking pictures one handed, so enjoy the worst shot of my hand ever. The color is decently accurate even in the morning sun, it's lightly pigmented and not heavily buildable but it's decent color payoff anyway. It's a moist formula, it doesn't go on cakey like some others I've tried in the past. Doubled with the balm underneath, it's paradise in a tube.
Enjoy my terrible worn pics too. But this is what I mean when I say it's my perfect nude color - it is a near perfect match to my bare lips, and just gives them a little bit of a tint. It's super subtle, but very flattering in person.

And I just need everybody to understand the sheer impact of that nude shot, if I could go back before I used this and put a picture of my pre-Whoo lips, it'd be flooring. Prior, my lips would have had a huge split down the middle of the lowerlip, and giant flaking sections. HAIL WHOO. (ノ⊙ヮ⊙)ノ


[[copied over from reddit]]

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!

    Do you still write? I just posted this review on my page ;)

    #gwiyeobdamx

    ReplyDelete